PartnersGlobal serves as a catalyst, helping to transform the way individuals, communities, businesses, and government institutions come together cooperatively for a more peaceful, inclusive, democratic, and prosperous world.
We do this by acting as an integrator of global and local changemakers. We foster the conditions for peace by channeling the right resources, harnessing momentum, and fostering collaboration. We cultivate respectful, trusting relationships that link different actors so they can uncover common goals and generate creative solutions to achieve greater impact.
PartnersGlobal envisions a world where all of us – communities, governments, organizations, and businesses – work together to peacefully manage change.
We believe in the power of local leadership and global collaboration to achieve inclusive, sustainable, and prosperous societies. That’s why we build linkages among different actors, foster lasting partnerships, and help people create just and democratic societies where:
- Rights are respected
- Conflicts are resolved without resorting to violence
- Ordinary people shape decisions that affect them
- Resources are carefully managed and conserved for future generations
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At PartnersGlobal, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) are part of our DNA. We believe the power of diversity enriches us by revealing new ways to understand and engage with global and local changemakers. We approach our work on peace and conflict transformation, resilient civic space, and equitable and accountable justice using a DE&I lens to identify challenges and to discover, design, and deliver solutions for a more peaceful, inclusive, democratic, and sustainable world.
At PartnersGlobal, we believe that achieving this vision of the world requires a broad understanding of the dimensionalities of diversity and inclusion. We use an expanded definition of diversity that encompasses a range of identities, allowing for a more comprehensive understanding and perspective, which in turn helps us to achieve greater impact with communities across the globe.
We understand inclusion as being the act or practice of including and accommodating people who have historically been excluded or marginalized based on one or more of their identities to foster a sense of belonging and holistic security, as well as the conditions necessary to encourage and allow each of us to be fully ourselves — with our differences from and similarities to those around us — as we work together.
PartnersGlobal’s DE&I framework is based on key pillars that are core to how we live our values:
- We acknowledge historical and current discrimination, injustices, privilege, and power structures that do not create equal outcomes for all people.
- We accept our responsibility as an organization, and as a sector, to advance social progress and impact to ensure intentional and lasting change.
- We champion opportunities for people to feel valued, have a sense of belonging, and be inspired to change the world.
- We embrace “listening and learning” and promote continuous, transparent dialogue at all levels.
- We amplify and maximize support for initiatives owned and led by local actors in all the regions where we work to disrupt the status quo and empower communities to peacefully manage change.
We are committed to ensuring that teams reflect the vibrant communities we serve, and we intentionally cultivate an inclusive environment that honors the unique identities, backgrounds, and experiences of our staff, the Partners Network, and local partners.