PartnersGlobal is Regional Secretariat for GPPAC North America
Partners has been appointed for the three-year Regional Secretariat function of Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC) in North America. GPPAC is a network of NGOs actively working on conflict prevention and peacebuilding. The network promotes multi-stakeholder collaboration and local ownership of strategies for peace and security and it also serves as a community of practice to advance new knowledge, share ideas, and convene regular reflection spaces between peers.
GPPAC is organized around regional subnetworks and we have been involved in GPPAC North America for the past three years. GPPAC North America includes very well-known and respected organizations in the peacebuilding and human rights spaces in Canada, the US, and Mexico:
- Alliance for Peacebuilding
- Peace and Conflict Studies Association of Canada
- Mennonite Central Committee
- Whitaker Peace and Development Initiative
- Swedish Fellowship of Reconciliation (SWEFOR)
- Servicio Internacional para la Paz (SIPAZ)
- Servicios y Asesoría para la Paz (SERAPAZ)
- Comisión de Apoyo a la Unidad y a la Reconciliación Comunitaria (CORECO)
- Centro Fray Bartolomé de las Casas
- Centro de Colaboración Cívica (CCC)
For us, GPPAC North America represents a community of practice and learning created to promote new knowledge, approaches and methodologies to advance peacebuilding and peace consolidation, share ideas and experiences on concrete interventions, as well as enable spaces for reflection among peers on situational and structural issues that impact stability and peace at the regional level. In this sense, our affiliation and formal participation allow us to take better advantage of the vast experience of the members of the network to strengthen our programs and interventions and strengthen ties with organizations working on issues of peace, violence prevention and promotion of human rights in Canada, the United States, and Mexico.