Position Title: Program Representative
Position Status: Part-time Consultant
Supervisor: Ahmed Gutan, Senior Regional Director for the Middle East and North Africa
Location: Amman, Jordan
Position Open Date: October 5, 2018
ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND: PartnersGlobal (previously Partners for Democratic Change), established in 1989, is an international, non-governmental organization (NGO) committed to building sustainable capacity to advance democratic institutions, civil society, and a culture of peaceful change and conflict management worldwide. PartnersGlobal specializes in organizational development and social entrepreneurship for democracy and peace, having provided the seed capital and technical assistance to establish 21 independent, local Partners’ Centers around the world. Together, these Centers comprise the Partners Network, a global civil society platform of collegial NGOs working for democratic change in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Sub-Saharan Africa.
PartnersGlobal adheres to the values of participatory decision-making, collaboration, conflict transformation and consensus-building as the fundamentals of an inclusive, democratic society; and, we promote the application of these skills in all aspects of our work. Our diverse, global team includes process experts, facilitators, and trainers who apply those collaborative skills to achieve concrete results in a diverse range of technical areas such as the rule of law, women’s empowerment, security sector reform, and natural resource management. The Partners Network is renowned for cultivating local leaders who undertake cutting edge work; applying our process expertise to convene disparate parties and innovative partnerships to jointly tackle some of the most complex social and political challenges in conflict-affected and transitioning countries.
Detailed Position Description
Primary Objective The Partners’ Middle East and North Africa (MENA) team was recently awarded a rapid response program that aims to support the UN-led peace process by providing rapid, needs-driven assistance to critical areas that build upon positive changes in political and security conditions in Yemen. In addition to its headquarters staff in Washington, DC, and field staff in Yemen, the MENA team seeks an Amman-based Program Representative to conduct outreach activities with the UN Special Envoy and other relevant parties in Amman.
The Program Representative will work with MENA team members and partners in the region to connect developments at the diplomatic level to activity design and implementation on the ground. He/she will provide communications and outreach support from Amman, nurture positive relationships with donors and UN representatives, and be part of a dynamic team of professionals who are passionate about their work and must work effectively in highly collaborative environments.
- Work under the supervision of MENA Senior Regional Director and coordinate closely with the MENA Program Manager to identify opportunities to engage UN and donor representatives as well as peer organizations engaged in Yemen programming
- Represent Partners at briefings, meetings, and conferences, sometimes on short notice
- Provide written notes from all meetings and communicate requests for information or other due-outs in a timely manner
- Attend weekly donor calls and provide situational briefings on formal and informal developments in Amman
- Maintain awareness of political developments in Yemen as well as Partners Yemen programming
- Support with logistics and preparations for Partners meetings in Amman
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with senior UN and government officials as well as diverse staff
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- Flexible schedule with the ability to attend meetings on short notice and occasional calls during on off hours
- Understanding of the Yemen conflict
- A minimum of 7-10 years of professional experience
Level of Effort: Approximately 5 days per month
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application Instructions “Please submit a cover letter and resume by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than October 19th, 2018. As the subject, please type: “Application: PartnersGlobal Program Representative”. No telephone calls, please.
PartnersGlobal is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, pregnancy, marital status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.