Position Title: Program Manager
Position Status: Full time
Supervisor(s): Director for MENA and Civil Society
Location: Washington, DC
Salary: $75,000 annually
Vacancies: 2 positions available
PartnersGlobal (previously Partners for Democratic Change), established in 1989, is an international, non-governmental organization committed to building sustainable capacity to advance democratic institutions, civil society, and a culture of peaceful change and conflict management worldwide. PartnersGlobal specializes in organizational development and social entrepreneurship, having provided the seed capital and technical assistance to establish 21 independent, local Centers around the world.
PartnersGlobal adheres to the values of participatory decision-making, collaboration, and consensus-building as the fundamentals of an inclusive, democratic society; and, we promote the application of these skills in all aspects of our work. The PartnersGlobal team includes process and technical experts, facilitators, and trainers who apply those collaborative skills to achieve concrete results in technical areas such as rule of law development, women’s empowerment, security sector reform, and natural resource management. Our network of local Centers is renowned for undertaking cutting edge work and applying our process expertise to convene disparate parties to jointly tackle some of the most complex development challenges.
The last few years have been a period of rapid growth for Partners, both in terms of program portfolio expansion and affiliate center start up and strengthening. Organizational strategic priorities include peace-building and stabilization, security sector governance, access to justice and anti-corruption, civil society strengthening, and social cohesion.
The Program Manager will work predominantly with the Middle East team and with Network affiliates in the region to ensure professional implementation and compliance of assigned programs within the portfolio. The Program Manager will provide project management support from DC, nurture positive relationships with donors, and conduct field assignments as needed. The Program Manager will join a dynamic team of professionals who are passionate about PartnersGlobal’s mission and values, and who thrive working in a highly collaborative environment. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the continued growth of a vibrant organization with a strong record of achievement in the democracy, governance and peace-building space, and which is well respected by donors and local organizations alike. PartnersGlobal maintains a diverse portfolio of projects, not only across the MENA region but also in Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe, and Latin America. We are a committed staff with a collegial and supportive office culture, and a shared passion and belief in our work.
The Program Manager performs a variety of complex work assignments within their program portfolio, working closely with field teams and contributing to technical aspects of program design and implementation, as well as business development and proposal activities. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work under the supervision of the Director to ensure effective implementation of programming and performance objectives are met within timeline and budget;
- Support effective relationships and coordination with local implementing organizations, project partners, and donors; conducting periodic project/partner check-ins and apply effective problem-solving skills when faced with challenges related to implementation and/or contextual factors;
- Draft project-related documents, including quarterly and final reports for donors, project workplans, and communications plans;
- Support the negotiation, management, and monitoring of sub-grants and contracts with international and national partners;
- Organize logistics and travel for in-field visits, with international travel up to 30%;
- Support and contribute toward project or program evaluation reports; and
- Fulfill other program management duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance of all fiscal and performance activities with PartnersGlobal policies and procedures and funder regulations; and
- Work closely with internal finance team to monitor project budgets, including analyzing projections versus actuals, forecasting and recasting, and preparing modifications (e.g., realignments, cost and no-cost extensions), producing invoices, reviewing monthly financial reports, preparing advance requests, wire requests, travel authorizations and expense reports.
- Provide support to business development processes, including drafting concept notes, writing sections of proposal narratives, supporting the development of budgets, and generating any supplementary materials, such as monitoring and evaluation plans and logic frameworks;
- Interface with donors, partner organizations, and other stakeholders as part of continual outreach and positioning of PartnersGlobal; and
- Identify and suggest solutions to implementation obstacles or donor concerns.
- 3 – 5 years of related experience working on international development and/or peace-building projects; and
- Prior professional experience serving nonprofit organizations or civil society at an international level preferred (Professional background in MENA region strongly desired).
- Excellent oral and writing skills with ability to express complex ideas clearly;
- Ability to analyze, organize, problem-solve, manage, and prioritize work;
- Experience in supporting new business development, such as narrative or budget development, reporting, and/or monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience with and ability to fulfill short-term field assignments;
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in one or more of Partners’ program areas (e.g. peace-building, organizational development, conflict resolution, civil society, etc.);
- Proven team player with the skills and ability to contribute positively to and learn from colleagues.
- Demonstrates commitment to PartnersGlobal’s mission, vision and values;
- High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with U.S. and foreign national staff and civil society, government and the private sector actors; and
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations (Master’s desirable, but not required), Regional Studies, Conflict Resolution, or related subjects pertaining to international development, peacebuilding, etc.; and
- Full professional fluency in English (Proficiency in Arabic, French, or Spanish considered a plus).
- Legal status to work in the U.S. is required; and
- Global travel and scheduling flexibility required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send (via e-mail) a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate in the subject of the email and cover letter that you are applying for the “Program Manager”
Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
PartnersGlobal is an EEO Employer
At PartnersGlobal, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. Diversity is more than a commitment at PartnersGlobal—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
As an equal opportunity employer, PartnersGlobal recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please contact our Talent Manager, Edith Kardouni, at email@example.com for assistance. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.