Position Title: Partners Support Fellow (MENA)
Position Status: Part-time (20- 30 hours/week)
Assignment Length: January 1, 2020 – June 1, 2020 (flexible and contingent on funding)
Stipend: Part-time fellows will earn a stipend of $1360 per month.
PartnersGlobal (previously Partners for Democratic Change), established in 1989, is an international, non-governmental organization committed to building sustainable capacity to advance democratic institutions, civil society, and a culture of peaceful change and conflict management worldwide. PartnersGlobal specializes in organizational development and social entrepreneurship, having provided the seed capital and technical assistance to establish 21 independent, local Centers around the world.
PartnersGlobal adheres to the values of participatory decision-making, collaboration, and consensus-building as the fundamentals of an inclusive, democratic society; and, we promote the application of these skills in all aspects of our work. The PartnersGlobal team includes process experts, facilitators, and trainers who apply those collaborative skills to achieve concrete results in technical areas such as rule of law development, women’s empowerment, security sector reform, and natural resource management. Our network of local Centers is renowned for undertaking cutting edge work and applying our process expertise to convene disparate parties to jointly tackle some of the most complex development challenges.
PartnersGlobal is committed to fostering a vibrant learning and professional development atmosphere. We provide mentorship and hands-on support to develop new skillsets and relevant experiences for those interested in the fields of international development and conflict resolution.
We are looking for an energetic Partners Support Fellow with a demonstrated interest, work experience, and/or academic background in the MENA region, particularly Yemen, and/or human rights, conflict studies, or international development. The fellow will support the to review, organize, and analyze sensitive datasets to support the production of accurate, change-driving reports for MENA team programming.
- Work under the supervision of the Director to ensure objectives are met within timeline;
- Process Arabic-language data into existing dataset;
- Review content and extract information for use in analysis;
- Understand the context and background in which the content was created;
- Compile, clean, prepare, analyze and visualize data;
- Identify problematic areas and gaps in data and report to supervisor; and
- Help draft a report based on trends observed in the qualitative data.
- The ideal candidate will have previous data entry experience; Prior experience conducting data analysis and quality reviews of large dataset considered a plus;
- High level of familiarity and experience working with Excel;
- Professional or volunteer experience supporting and managing international development projects (project design, start-up, implementation, and close-out) with nonprofit organizations at an international level preferred; including USAID and USG grants/ projects considered a plus; and
- Previous experience with Dedoose or any qualitative-data analysis software considered a plus.
- Comfort with large, complex data sets;
- Strong work ethic and commitment to accuracy and detail;
- Proven ability to conduct comprehensive, thorough review of datasets to identify data quality issues;
- Excellent oral and writing skills with ability to express complex ideas clearly;
- Ability to analyze, organize, problem-solve, manage, and prioritize work;
- High level of discretion; ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive matters;
- High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with U.S. and foreign national staff and civil society, government and the private sector actors; and
- Proven team player with the skills and ability to form positive relations with colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or 1 year of related work experience in lieu of a university degree; and
- Full professional proficiency in Arabic (spoken and written) and English (especially written) preferred.
- Legal status to work in the U.S. is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send (via e-mail) a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate in the subject of the email and cover letter that you are applying for the “MENA Fellow” Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted. No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
PartnersGlobal is an EEO Employer
At PartnersGlobal, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. Diversity is more than a commitment at PartnersGlobal—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
As an equal opportunity employer, PartnersGlobal recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please contact our Talent Manager, Edith Kardouni, at email@example.com for assistance. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.