Position Title: Finance Assistant
Position Status: Full time
Supervisor: Deputy Chief Financial Officer
Location: Washington, DC
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
PartnersGlobal (previously Partners for Democratic Change), established in 1989, is an international, non-governmental organization (NGO) committed to building sustainable capacity to advance democratic institutions, civil society, and a culture of peaceful change and conflict management worldwide.
PartnersGlobal specializes in organizational development and social entrepreneurship for democracy and peace, having provided the seed capital and technical assistance to establish 21 independent, local Partners’ Centers around the world. Together, these Centers comprise the Partners Network, a global civil society platform of collegial NGOs working for democratic change in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Sub-Saharan Africa.
PartnersGlobal adheres to the values of participatory decision-making, collaboration, conflict transformation and consensus-building as the fundamentals of an inclusive, democratic society; and, we promote the application of these skills in all aspects of our work. Our diverse, global team includes process experts, facilitators, and trainers who apply those collaborative skills to achieve concrete results in a diverse range of technical areas such as the rule of law, women’s empowerment, security sector reform, and natural resource management. The Partners Network is renowned for cultivating local leaders who undertake cutting edge work; applying our process expertise to convene disparate parties and innovative partnerships to jointly tackle some of the most complex social and political challenges in conflict-affected and transitioning countries.
DETAILED POSITION DESCRIPTION
PartnersGlobal seeks a Washington DC-based Finance Assistant. This is an addition to our medium-sized (growing) team of 25 DC-based staff members, with two legal field offices in Yemen and Iraq and long-term consultants placed in Africa. The position is intended to work with PartnersGlobal’s Deputy Chief Financial Officer to at a minimum process and book payments, create reports, maintain the files, and provide support during the month and year closes as well as the annual audit.
- Maintain physical and electronic filing system for accounting records.
- Review of all support documentation for the Monthly Expense reports from sub-recipients and field offices.
- Ensure all required documents are provided, review that calculations are correct, and appropriate approvals were obtained.
- Perform accounting analysis and reconciliations.
- Send confirmations to vendors and sub-contractors of payments made.
- Record journal entries and invoices in the business management system.
- Process payments in checks and wire transfers in a timely manner.
- Resolve finance-related queries.
- Participating in the month-end and the year-end closing processes.
- Assist with end-of-year audit preparation.
- Conduct general administrative function as requested in support of the human resources.
- Be adaptable and flexible to take new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time.
- Provide other assistance as needed.
- The ideal candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or finance.
- Two or more years’ experience in Finance and Accounting at a USG-funded NGO is required.
- Accounting skills and experience in general ledger, journal entries, payroll, cash/bank management
- Computer literacy skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural skills
- Familiarity with 2 CFR 200 Cost Principles
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Application: Please submit a cover letter and resume by email only to email@example.com. Please indicate in the email subject line the position for which you are applying. No telephone calls, please. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We encourage potential candidates to apply as soon as possible as we hope to make a hiring decision quickly.
PartnersGlobal is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, pregnancy, marital status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.