Position Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Position Status: Full time
Supervisor: Deputy Chief Financial Officer
Location: Washington, DC
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
PartnersGlobal (previously Partners for Democratic Change), established in 1989, is an international, non-governmental organization (NGO) committed to building sustainable capacity to advance democratic institutions, civil society, and a culture of peaceful change and conflict management worldwide.
PartnersGlobal specializes in organizational development and social entrepreneurship for democracy and peace, having provided the seed capital and technical assistance to establish 21 independent, local Partners’ Centers around the world. Together, these Centers comprise the Partners Network, a global civil society platform of collegial NGOs working for democratic change in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Sub-Saharan Africa.
PartnersGlobal adheres to the values of participatory decision-making, collaboration, conflict transformation and consensus-building as the fundamentals of an inclusive, democratic society; and, we promote the application of these skills in all aspects of our work. Our diverse, global team includes process experts, facilitators, and trainers who apply those collaborative skills to achieve concrete results in a diverse range of technical areas such as the rule of law, women’s empowerment, security sector reform, and natural resource management. The Partners Network is renowned for cultivating local leaders who undertake cutting edge work; applying our process expertise to convene disparate parties and innovative partnerships to jointly tackle some of the most complex social and political challenges in conflict-affected and transitioning countries.
DETAILED POSITION DESCRIPTION
PartnersGlobal seeks a Washington DC-based Finance and Administrative Assistant. This is an addition to our medium-sized (growing) team of 25 DC-based staff members, with two legal field offices in Yemen and Iraq and long-term consultants placed in Africa. The position is intended to work with PartnersGlobal’s Deputy Chief Financial Officer to reduce the administrative burden placed on program staff as well as the leadership of the organization.
- Provide administrative and financial management support to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Liaise with the travel agents to generate itineraries and create and process travel requests, including calculating per diems and other advances.
- Assist with travel arrangements including: visas, inoculations, and lodging.
- Ensure that the Senior Leadership Team correctly reconciles their travel expenses in a timely manner and review all the supporting documentation, calculations, and approvals.
- Processing the travel expenses using the report software (Nexonia) and the business management software (Intacct).
- Maintain the Finance Department’s files.
- Create payment requests and book them in Intacct in a timely manner.
- Help credit card users to report their expenses.
- Reconcile credit card expenses between the books and the statements once a month.
- Participating in the month-end and the year-end closing processes.
- Assist the finance team by providing documents and reports during the accounting analysis and assisting during the end-of-year audit preparation.
- Conduct general administrative function as requested.
- Be adaptable and flexible to take new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time.
- The ideal candidate should have an Associate degree in a Business-related field.
- Computer literacy skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural skills
Application: Please submit a cover letter and resume by email only to email@example.com. Please indicate in the email subject line the position for which you are applying. No telephone calls, please. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We encourage potential candidates to apply as soon as possible as we hope to make a hiring decision quickly.