Position Title: Development and Outreach Intern
Position Type: Part-time (20 hours/week minimum time commitment); $1000 stipend
Start and End Dates: September 9, 2019-December 6, 2019 (Start and end dates are flexible)
PartnersGlobal, established in 1989, is an international, non-governmental organization committed to building sustainable capacity to advance democratic institutions, civil society, and a culture of peaceful change and conflict management worldwide. PartnersGlobal specializes in organizational development and social entrepreneurship, having provided the seed capital and technical assistance to establish and support 20 independent, local Centers around the world. Together, these Centers comprise The Partners Network.
PartnersGlobal adheres to the values of participatory decision-making, collaboration, and consensus-building as the fundamentals of an inclusive, democratic society; and, we promote the application of these skills in all aspects of our work. The PartnersGlobal team includes process experts, facilitators, and trainers who apply those collaborative skills to achieve concrete results in technical areas such as the mediation and facilitation, collaborative advocacy, inclusive security governance, and organizational resiliency. The Partners Network is renowned for undertaking cutting edge work and applying our process expertise to convene disparate parties to jointly tackle some of the most complex development challenges.
We are looking for an energetic and committed individual to join us as a Development and Outreach Intern, working closely with the Business Development Team to assist with regional and thematic research, proposal development, and communications and outreach. PartnersGlobal is a vibrant organization that allows interns a hands-on, valuable opportunity to gain exposure to an international nonprofit working in the field of democracy-building and conflict management. We are committed to fostering a dynamic learning and professional development atmosphere and will offer mentoring and guidance throughout your time with us. The Business Development team works collaboratively with all regional teams, identifying funding opportunities and guiding the proposal process. This internship is a unique opportunity to learn about the inner workings of an international development nonprofit while learning about a wide variety of contexts and thematic areas. We are looking forward to providing professional development and mentorship to a new team-member so that he or she can develop valuable, marketable skills in research, communications and outreach, and business development in the nonprofit sector.
Learning opportunities include:
- Refine your research, analysis, and writing skills by supporting with relevant country, regional, and thematic area research.
- Complete independent research projects that will help the team identify and track opportunities to grow our regional portfolios, including fee-for-service and other non-USG opportunities;
- Learn about the business development process from pre-proposal forecasting and capture, to proposal-writing and budgeting, to final award negotiation. Improve your writing, research, and financial skills as you assist with all aspects of this process;
- Strengthen your strategic communications and outreach skills and knowledge by supporting the team in drafting and editing one-pagers and impact flyers;
- General mentorship and work opportunities with the BD team and wider Partners staff of process and thematic experts in Washington, DC and the broader Partners
- Specific opportunities include attending meetings with donors and partners, assisting the team with brainstorming and strategic planning for cur potential activities, and providing logistical support
- Networking opportunities as you represent Partners at external events around the District
Qualifications: The ideal prospective candidate is a undergraduate student or recent college graduate with demonstrated interest, work experience, and/or academic study in international development, conflict resolution, communications, and/or democratic governance; exceptional English language, research, writing, and editing skills; computer proficiency and a passion for getting organized; excellent interpersonal skills; and an insatiable desire to learn.
English proficiency is required, and foreign language skills are strongly encouraged.
To Apply: Please send (via e-mail) a résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com by Friday, August 9, 2019. Please indicate in the email subject line and cover letter that you are applying for the Development and Outreach Internship. No phone calls please. We would love to talk to you but only after you have submitted the information above. Partners will contact applicants for an interview or to request additional information.
Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, pregnancy, marital status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.