Position Title: Deputy Chief Financial Officer
Location: Washington, DC
Salary: Commensurate with experience
PartnersGlobal is seeking a Washington DC-based Deputy Chief Financial Officer (DCFO). PartnersGlobal is undergoing wide-scale growth and important strategic changes, advancing the development of new centers and overseas contracts and grants. The DCFO will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and work to ensure that PartnersGlobal meets all requirements of audit authorities and funders (government and foundations; international and domestic), as well as support the CFO in day-to-day Finance, Accounting and Administration activities.
PartnersGlobal is one of the premier international organizations dedicated to providing the platform, skills and leadership to government, civil society and businesses to resolve conflict and advance constructive change. PartnersGlobal is distinguished for its establishment of independent, sustainable, national Centers with their own in-country boards of directors and staff to house the application of conflict and change management skills and programs in their countries: Albania, Argentina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Colombia, Czech Republic, El Salvador, Georgia, Hungary, Iraq, Jordan, Kosovo, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Poland, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia and Yemen.
PartnersGlobal is one of the only international organizations designed to create sustainable national Centers developing laws (mediation statutes), mechanisms (cooperative advocacy and consensus facilitation), and consultancies for business, government, and civil society to address disputes and manage multi-stakeholder conflicts in such areas as environment, employment, labor, corruption, community, and social development. PartnersGlobal Affiliate Centers apply negotiation, mediation, facilitation, cooperative advocacy (for activist civil society groups) and consensus facilitation, enabling stakeholders to work out agreements on complex policy, program, and resource issues, in four areas: Accountable Governance; Inclusive Communities (national minority groups); Sustainable Environment and Economic Development; and, Corporate-Community Engagement.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The DCFO is a supporting role for the CFO and assists in the areas of accounting, finances, audits, internal controls, human resources, and administration.
The position plays a key role in the development of financial budgeting and planning systems. In addition, the position provides interface between the finance department, the HQ staff and regional Programs, the Operations team and stakeholders.
The DCFO provides leadership and direction to ensure the development of relevant financial information, and timely financial budgeting and planning and financial reporting for senior leadership, the board, and stakeholders. The DCFO will assist in managing and controlling the organization’s financial processes, making the necessary changes to upgrade and improve processes, policies or procedures, and develop his/her team.
The DCFO will ensure alignment with the mission, core values, partnership policies and strategies of PartnersGlobal. And, he/she will ensure accountability and compliance with applicable legal, governmental and regulatory requirements.
The DCFO will also undertake special projects at the direction of the CFO in areas of financial systems development, Treasury, Accounting, Finances and other areas to be determined.
The Deputy Chief Finance Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to the finance department which includes the areas of accounting, cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, human resources, payroll, subawards management, audit and compliance.
- Ensure compliance of financial systems with PartnersGlobal policies and procedures, donor’s rules and regulation, and award requirements;
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets;
- Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and agreement-related matters;
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting;
- Prepare and submit financial reports to donors and contractors;
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, financial reports, and any other reports required by donors and contractors;
- Liaise with external auditors in the review of programs financial management;
- Supervise other project-based finance, procurement, and contract and grants staff.
- Master’s Degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is required; or a bachelor’s accounting degree with 5 years’ experience;
- 5+ years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects;
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations for grants and contracts is required; US Government awards management experience strongly preferred;
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing multi years and multi currencies budgets;
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets; preferable Sage Intacct;
- Strong accounting analysis;
- Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations, donors, and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English;
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow;
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office);
- Highly organized, detail oriented, creative thinker, able to problem solve and ability to multi-task/prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English. Knowledge of French or Arabic is not required but it would be a plus;
- Preferred Education and/or Experience – experience working in a Non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred. Experience working with a global, international organization preferred. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an integrated team in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent Analytical skills;
- Meticulous Attention to Detail a MUST
Travel Requirement: 0% – 5%
Technology to be Used: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Sage Intacct, Nexonia, e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copy machine, cell phones, PDAs and other computing devices.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this description at any time.
To Apply: Please send (via e-mail) a resume, cover letter and contact information for three references to: email@example.com. Please indicate in the email and cover letter that you are applying for the Deputy Chief Financial Officer position. No phone calls please. PartnersGlobal will contact applicants for an interview or to request additional information. Position open until filled.
PartnersGlobal is an equal employment opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.